"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Grandma


Thank you to each of you who rearranged your schedule this week so that Brad & I could go see my Grandma Bond in the hospital. She had a heart attack yesterday. We were able to spend lots of time with her last night & this morning. I think it was the most I'd ever sat & talked to her in my life.

Usually there are so many people around or things going on that we're focused on. This time it was all about Grandma. We talked about everything from her life growing up at her aunt's house, to her square dancing days, to playing cards. We also talked about Jesus.

I'm thankful for the time God allowed us to visit & that for much of it, Grandma wasn't confused. Although we don't know what the next few days will bring, God does know. I'm trusting that her life is in His hands. All the days of her life were written in His book before even one of them came to be.

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

Psalm 139:13-16

3 comments:

Greene Pastures said...

We are keeping you, your grandma & family in our prayers. Call us if you need anything.

I love the Psalm you have posted. I have read that several times in the past few months. It is so comforting to know that God has ordained each one of our days, from time He was creating us.

cjn said...

I've been thinking about you and the entire Bond family lately. I'm very sorry for loss.

Having lost my Grandma just a few months ago, I relate to post very much. I was able to talk to my Grandma much in the same way before she died even though most of it was over the phone. What amazing lives and experiences their generation had.

It also made me think of Grandma Marva and how much time has passed since she and Grandpa LaVerne passed.

It has been a good time for reflection on the memories that we all have had with our Grandparents and have been keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Caleb

sixbehrs said...

I was very close to both of my grandmas, so I can relate to your loss, and will pray for you.