
Parker got an awesome response from the Governor's Office for his letter about Champion Lake. He was/is pretty excited about getting such official mail.
Dear Parker,
Nebraska is surely destined to be great into the future with thoughtful and concerned students like you. I cannot express how proud I am when I get letters such as yours from young people across Nebraska who care about our state, its natural resources, and it's people.
Champion Lake is going to be restored. Right now there are people working on drawing engineering plans to make sure that when the dam is rebuilt, it will be safe and constructed to last a long time. Several state agencies are involved in this process and are working hard to be sure that when the dam and lake are rebuilt, you and your friends will have a great place to fish and play.
Thank you for taking your time to let me know of your interest in this lake. Nebraska's water resources are important and with students like you, I am sure they will be enjoyed in the future.
Sincerely,
Dave Heineman
Governor
No comments:
Post a Comment