"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, July 9, 2007

POW!

Pow had a double meaning for me this weekend...We've been watching Super Heroes of Mega City during Children's Church & one of the characters is named "Pow." He & his sidekick "Kabaam" are up to crazy antics each week during their superhero training.

Pow also meant a broken mirror. I decided to go wash the suburban about 9:00 pm Saturday night. All was well on the way to the car wash, although once there the car wash wouldn't work, so I never did get to wash. I was going home & there is all kinds of construction on the main street in Imperial. There are those reflective cone/barrel things with
BIG
signs on top of them (about mirror height) that say things like "keep right" or whatever.

Well...as I was jamming to my new Lincoln Brewster CD, I'm not sure if a cone/barrel was shoved into my lane a bit or if I just wasn't completely in my lane. All I heard was POW!!!!! Not pow,
POW!
Sure enough I'd hit the sign with my mirror & it is now cracked. Great. Didn't even get the suburban washed out of the deal.

The only thing that made me feel better was that when I told Brad about it after I got home he said, "I hit one the other day too." So, I guess it happens to the best of us...

No comments: