Ok, Brooke I've put this off too long. You tagged me probably a month ago & I've been thinking about 10 things I could tell people about myself they may not already know. Although I'm still not completely what to type, I'm going to give it a shot.
1. Because my mom had placenta previa, I was born 6 weeks early, weighed 4 pounds 11 ounces & was the first baby at the Kearney hospital to be on the baby bird respirator. There was a huge concern about the amount of oxygen to give babies then, because too much can cause blindness & too little, well too little is just too little. I understand now, being a mother, what huge implications this all must have caused in my little family.
2. I had (probably still do) very sensitive feelings as a child. You could look at me wrong & I would cry or go hide behind my parents. I remember one summer at camp (my parents would help at Nebraska Youth Camp every summer) they had "Kangaroo Court" which was pure nonsense, but they found me guilty of rollerskating in the mess hall & I ended up in tears over it even though it was just a joke.
3. I never thought I'd have 5 kids. I always thought I'd probably have about 3 since that is how many I'd had in my family growing up.
4. I graduated from a high school class of 22, and as far as I know all of my classmates are still living, 15 years later. I'd know for sure if our class would ever have a reunion...:)
5. I graduated Magna Cum Laude from York College with a Bachelor's of Business Administration and a minor in Education. Brad & I were the part of the first graduation class after YC became a 4-year accredited institution.
6. I remember "cutting hair" (shavings from my dad doing body work on cars) growing up. Also playing in the huge windshield boxes they'd have there. I remember my mom making popsicles with those tupperware popsicle makers, yogurt with her yogurt maker and using that seal-a-meal contraption.
7. In 5th grade a friend of mine (Sarah) & I missed most of PE because we thought it was recess time. We finally realized that none of our classmates were on the playground & remembered we were supposed to be in PE then. When we got in there they were using scooters, my absolute favorite PE activity, and we'd missed nearly all of it! Coming in a close 2nd was when we got to climb the rope.
8. I never had to go to the principal's office growing up, except my senior year when I was his student aide. I got to do fun things like drive his jeep to go stock the concession stand for football games. I guess Mr. Hansen really did put the "Pal" in principal.
9. I got pulled over for speeding by my dad, a county deputy, while in high school. He didn't think it was very funny. I was actually kind of scared because this "person" had been following me all the way from Amherst to Odessa & would speed up when I'd speed up & slow down when I'd slow down. I was speeding to get away from him! :) He pulled me over, walked up to the car with his big light & said, "65 Miss Bond?" Hmmm. Thanks for not giving me a ticket Dad.
10. I like to vacuum. It's kind of a weird thing & causes mixed emotions inside like, "WOW! This is amazing how much dirt it is picking up." or "We are such filthy people. How does it get this dirty in here?" I have a vacuum with a clear bagless container so you can see all the nastiness swirling around inside, so that in itself is somewhat fun... I wear my MP3 player & jam while I make tracks with the vacuum in the carpet. I love to see where I've been with the tracks. Our old carpet didn't show those lines from vacuuming & I'm glad it does in this house... I'm pretty easily entertained, really.
No comments:
Post a Comment