God showed me something cool through our Bible study tonight. We're studying the different Hebrew names of God & learning how they reveal God's character.
Session 7 is about Jehovah. Quick Fact: When you see LORD in the Old Testament & wonder why it's in caps, it's when it's been translated from the Hebrew word for Jehovah.
Anyway, tonight's study was about "Jehovah" or The Self Existent One.
Interesting, it was.
In Exodus 3:11 God appeared to Moses in the burning bush & tells him to go to Egypt & deliver the Israelites from Pharaoh's rule. Moses answers God, saying "Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh & bring the Israelites out of Egypt?"
God didn't rebuke him for questioning the call. He didn't say, "Moses, you are a good man. You are capable of doing this." He didn't even give Moses an answer to the "Who am I?" question posed.
Instead, God answered, "I will be with you."
It didn't matter who Moses was. It didn't matter Moses background, his experience, his education, his anything. The only thing that mattered was that God would be with him.
It doesn't matter who we are either. Our education, our experience, our knowledge, our family, our anything. God can use any old bush to set on holy fire. (to quote Kay Arthur) God can set us on fire for Him.
The only thing that matters is that He is with us.
1 comment:
Thx for the great message this morning, Terri. What a great way to start my day!
Post a Comment