Brad & I will go to Tijuana, Mexico, in 12 Days with Mexico Caravan Ministries. There is a group of 10 of us going from our community.
We'd appreciate your prayers for us as we prepare to go.
For open hearts-for us to be willing to let God do what He wants to do in us while we're there.
For safety-as we travel & while we're there.
For financial needs-we're going to roof the Mexico Caravan Ministries Dormitory while we're there, so we're trying to raise money to cover those costs.
For our children-as we leave them in Brad's parents' care. For health & obedience.
I'm very anxious to go, I know that I have a lot to learn about reaching out to others in true need.
We'll be receiving spiritual training while we're there as well as learning about world missions. In our "spare" time we'll be able to build a shelter for a family, get a previously-built shelter prepared for a new roof & replace the roof on the existing dormitory. While the men are working on the roof, the women will be able to go purchase items to give to families in need.
A bonus for us will be the children we'll see while there. There are always children at the worksites as well as in the homes we'll be visiting. We're packing lots of candy & trinkets to give them! And we'll be able to give out the turtles the church's kids made during Crocodile Dock. We're going to visit an orphanage toward the end of the week & give the turtles out there. I know I'll want to bring all those kids home with me!
I'll also take plenty of photos while there so you'll be able to "experience" it also.
Oh, side note: we'll take 1 shower while there. Yikes! We will leave on Sunday the 15, shower on Thursday the 19th & return home on Sunday the 22. Maybe you'll be glad you won't see us until after we've returned. I'm counting on it being in the 50s-60's while there so we won't be sweating like crazy!
I'm sure we'll have stories to tell...
No comments:
Post a Comment