"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, February 3, 2008

We're Set

We got a new computer. After a week of torturing ourselves trying to figure out what was wrong with our laptop we decided it was inevitable that we needed a new computer.

Whenever we'd plug anything into the USB ports the computer would freeze. It wouldn't let us do anything, we'd finally have to hold down the power button to shut it off. Then it would boot up with errors for not shutting down properly. I used the recovery disks 2 times & didn't fix the error.

After several "computer people" (including Acer people) told me it was probably the motherboard I let a big SIGH. Ugh. Another computer bites the dust. I have gone through 4 computers in the last 5 years. And I thought I was doing better by buying a "better" one than the last one that failed. This computer was one of the cheapest that Walmart had. I told the salesman that I wanted a cheap one because I replace them about every year-15 months.

Got any ideas as to why? As I said in a prior post I have at least gotten smart about saving data on an external hard drive. But do I need a backup external hard drive to back up all my backed up data on my main external hard drive??? What if the main backup fails?

I am very much dealing with lack of trust issues with computers.

No comments: